Chiropractic Works with Dr. Birk

Ways to keep healthy during the Holidays!

Posted: December 22, 2016
By: Dr. Ruminder Birk

We all know how stressful and busy the holidays can be. From last minute Christmas shopping at jam packed malls and shops to Holiday parties and festivities with friends and loved ones, it's very easy to forget about ourselves and overall health. For those people suffering from agonising conditions such as back pain, sciatica, neck pain and migraines, the added stress of the holidays can trigger your unpleasant symptoms. To help you make it through the holidays here are 5 tips to keep you in good health:

Get Some "Me time"

Although the holidays are meant to be shared with friends and family, it is okay for you to get in some “me time” as well- especially for the sake of your health! Getting the right amount of relaxation and putting your health first during the holidays, will help in healing any current conditions you may be suffering from and to prevent any further issues which may creep up.

Exercise

Getting the right amount of exercise is always a good thing when it comes to our overall health. It helps keep your joints and muscles healthy by increasing bone density and strengthening muscles. Over the holidays, it is easy to get wrapped up in all the festivities and forget to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. If making it out to the gym is tough due to busy schedules, try doing some light exercises at home; squats, push ups and jumping jacks are all great and easy to do.

Take Wild Oil of Oregano

Oregano Oil is a great antioxidant which has many health benefits, however it mostly associated with helping boost your immune system to help prevent many illnesses and conditions. Oregano oil is made from the leaves and flowers of oregano and it is packed with nutrients like magnesium, zinc and vitamin C and E.  Oh, and did I mention it is also good for alleviating muscle and joint pain? - Bonus!  

Eat Right

As mentioned in an earlier blog - You are what you eat! During the holidays this is crucial to remember. I like to go by the 80/20 rule, 80% percent of my food is healthy and natural, and the other 20% is- let’s just say, all those holiday chocolates won’t go to waste. It is all about balance and not just during the holidays, but all year round.

Get Adjusted

Chiropractic adjustments are always a good idea as it helps you to manage your pain and stress levels by reducing subluxations along the spine, thus allowing the central nervous system to operate at an optimum.  By keeping your spine aligned and fixing the root of the problem, you’ll be back to feeling good again in no time.

By following these simple tips, you should be able to enjoy your holidays to the fullest and avoid any pain or injury!

Back to blog index

Archives